Thursday, March 17, 2011

Making myself write on this thing today as a break from my work.

I'm headed back to the mountains this weekend to visit with family and friends. I was getting very excited until I checked the weather and realized I will be leaving 80 degrees and sunshine for Bleaksburg drizzle. Good thing I haven't put away all my winter clothes just yet. Perhaps I will feel nostalgic for it all when I get there. I can hardly wait to be on the road.
One little problem concerns my car. It is illegally in nearly every possible way. I'm hoping to make it legal while in Virginia but I don't want to get pulled over along the way. I really hate it that it takes so much fuss to have a vehicle. The registration and taxes, the inspection, the insurance, the title. It would be different if there were other attractive options and the government was trying to discourage the use of cars. But there is no alternative. Just drives me nuts- so wish there was a passenger train line from here to there. Of course, then what would I do with my Daisy girl :-)

2 comments:

Pat Sylvester said...

Well, I hail from WV and lived in LA but am now in Park City, Utah. Seems we have enough in common to connect. I lived in both the east and west sides of Louisiana just off of I-10. If you are still having trouble adapting perhaps I can help. Best to you!

Pat

web design burnley said...

Good luck to your trip. May the good Lord bless your way. Take care!