Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Dissertating

I'm knee deep in my dissertation and it feels so nice. My adviser says that we can hold off on doing any more interviews since it seems that I have enough at this point to answer my research questions. Because I'm doing a data driven, qualitative project I find that I also need to do some historical research to help answer my research questions- research on the history of coal field West Virginia and the War on Poverty in the mid-twentieth century. Come to think of it, this will be close to the same time period as the historical research I did for the Kinsey project. Wow, soon I'll be an expert on Cold War American culture. Who knew my research interests would lead me there? As they say, the personal is political!

1 comment:

mom said...

ya know, you have a stepfather that could help some on the historical and also Brandon! so glad everything is coming together for you!