Friday, November 7, 2008

So Happy!

Well, I guess WV didn't go blue like I had hoped, but so many other places did that I don't care. I do care, but it won't dampen my enthusiasm. 

I feel so proud, so much a part of the dawning of a new area. I just keep tearing up in relief and joy that the dark days of this country are coming to an end. That we finally have a leader. That all of those who have been impotent with rage for so many years now have a real chance to be the change we want to see. To feel that it matters. And greatest of all is that so many of us agreed on this change. That we said, yes we can. And we did, and they weren't able to take it from us this time! 

I feel so lucky to be alive right now. I was afraid that nothing truly great would happen in my lifetime. It looked like we were just sinking deeper and deeper into a pit of goo in this country. And that people didn't care, or if we did care, it didn't matter. I couldn't see any way of curing the apathy virus. I really thought people in this country had completely lost their senses. It made my blood run cold when Edwards dropped out of the race because I had no faith in Clinton and I thought this country would never, ever elect a Black man to office. I thought we had lost; but I had lost, I had lost my faith in humanity. Oh, but never have I been more happy to be wrong. Thank you America for proving me wrong! Thank you Mr. President, Mr. Hope!

No comments: