Wednesday, March 24, 2010

I *heart* public transportation

Since my new place is on the bus line, I've been taking the bus to school and back. Though there is some feeling of being trapped at school if I needed to get home in a hurry, I love the feeling of community in taking the bus. I feel like all us who ride are on some great adventure together to unknown destinations, unknown hours ahead where anything could happen. I suppose I feel this way because I typically take public transportation when I'm in a major US city or when I've been in Europe.

I remember how my step-dad talks about people back home catching the train to the city and think how wonderful if rural areas where connected via train like they used to be. I can hardly imagine how lovely it must have felt to take the train through the mountains, the tracks often following the course of a river.

No comments: